Below please find scholarship opportunities available through Voces.
<> Camino al Exito Scholarship
The Camino al Éxito Scholarship is a scholarship administered by Voces through Advocates for Latino Student Advancement in Michigan Education (A.L.S.A.M.E.) and the Battle Creek Community Foundation Barriers Fund.
This scholarship is intended to recognize and support students who have encountered barriers to post-secondary education that have kept them from realizing their full academic potential.
- Be a high school senior or graduate
- Graduate from a high school in Battle Creek, Michigan
Each applicant must submit the following:
- Camino al Éxito Scholarship application
- Family Monthly Expenses form
- First page of 1040 form from most recent tax return
<> Miller College Unity Scholarship Application, in partnership with Voces
- Selected students will receive up to 50% of their Miller College tuition paid (after any applicable Pell Grant monies have been awarded) for up to 30 credits at Miller College
- Scholarship dollars may be used for tuition and/or books
- Students must maintain eligibility requirements (see eligibility requirements below) in order to renew this scholarship each semester
- Must be a new applicant to Miller College and meet all Miller College admissions criteria
- Complete a FAFSA form (scholarship dollars will be paid after Pell Grant monies are paid) or sign a FAFSA waiver affadavit
- Possess a minimum 2.75 cumulative transfer GPA from a regionally accredited institution
- Submit the Unity Scholarship Application Form
- Submit a MAXIMUM TWO PAGE narrative answering the following question: What would a community of opportunity, inclusion, and well-being for Latinos/Hispanics in Greater Battle Creek look like to you?
- Provide proof of registration for the semester in which you are seeking this scholarship.
- Recipients will be notified of the award via a letter from the Miller College Scholarship Committee
- Recipients may also be required to attend a brief award reception for press release purposes
- Recipients of this award must fulfill their Miller College Service Learning requirements with the following supporting organization: